It was an "OMG, what time is it?" time of the morning! When I heard "GASP!" then a whisper "let's open this one", I
Speaking of ecstatic reactions...Thank you "Crimson Purl" for your rave reviews on the KnitCase. I am speechless!
While the Noro project is plodding along, I did some sewing. It was good to get my mind on something else, a shirt for my son for Royal Rangers. I just have to go back to JoAnn's for larger buttons and set the buttonholes.
I used Burda pattern 9754, the jacket pattern.
I wanted to do a classic shirt with collar band and collar but no company offered one in toddler sizes! I'll make it work.
I use a great red twill that I prewashed to get the shrinkage out. It was 60" wide so I only used a little less than 1 1/4 yds. The collar construction was way too complicated!!! I usually don't refer to the directions when I use a commercial pattern but I wanted to see if they had a simplier way to put in the collar. Well that was a mistake because, I couldn't get it out of mind and do the collar the way I usually do and wasted a lot of time ripping and rereading the directions. I usually sew the front (inside of the collar to the facing and body at the same time then clean finish the back (undercollar) by folding it up to the stitchline, pinning, and "stitch in the ditch" from the front side. Sheesh! Since I was too lazy to find all my "packed away since the spring" cone threads, I wasn't able to serge my seams so I pinked them instead. All in all, I'm satisfied with the outcome.
During my trip for these supplies, you know I had to pick up sum'um, sum'um for m'self.
Snickering to myself, tee hee, tee hee, Merry Christmas to me...shhhhh!