Saturday, May 12, 2007

When are we going to Disneytown?


This has been the sing song request since January, when I opened my BIG MOUTH and told them we were going. Alas the day finally arrive! Armed with DVD player, markers and coloring books, we were on the plane! It wasn't until we jumped in our rental...PT Cruiser and drove past those colorfully painted Disney signs, that it was finally real to them! It was unusually cold...I mean sweatshirt, I wish I had on long pants, cold. But the kids were ok. I'm glad it was overcast with occasion rain and not bleeding hot! The nighttime parade was jaw dropping. I took pictures but they were all blurred...camera just could capture the specialness of it. I did manage the castle though.



My advice...bring lots of water and snacks. I can not over emphasis the importance of a stroller. My oldest is 4 1/2 and he got tired fast. I was a little nervous about leaving them at the stroller "parking" but it was fine (the NYC in me, I guess). And the Honey I Shrunk the Kids ride is reallllllyyyy scary for the little ones. If you don't mind the skunk eye from your neighbors as your kids scream a concerto, be my guest, you were forewarned.


This was big boy's favorite part...seeing his "Disney town" pals.

No comments: