Sunday, October 31, 2010

Offenses

I'm a passionate person. When I love, I love hard, and when I am pissed, look out. Yeah, I'm kind of a black or white person with little to no gray area. One thing I'm passionate about is humanity but not the Mother Theresa kind of COMpassion. My heart breaks because we can't all "just get along". I hate that people are sooo mean to each other. I hate that "good" people get kicked in the head by life. I hate that there are starving people. I hate that Christ had to die for me, for all of us. I hate even more when those who follow Him do bad things, offensive things. I'm the kind of person who wants to gather up the brokenhearted under my wings and comfort them. I'm the kind of person who wants to cut off the ear of an enemy and punch life's unfairness in the mouth. I'll say something like, C'mon Lord, let me just take care of the pedophiles, please just one swing. Or, can you just make me president so that I can fix this whole mess? With this passion, however, I sometimes lack grace (that gray area). I've knocked the unintended with the swing my big sword of justice and in my love for people, I've offended. My Gracious Heavenly Father reminded me this morning that, it is not my job to gather the brokenhearted under my wings, but His (Because You are my help, I will sing in the shadow of Your wings Ps 63:7)... nor is it my job to defend Him or His people by cutting off ears of the enemies, but His (Put your sword back in its place, for all who draw the sword will die by the sword Matt 26:52). My job is to learn in humility from the Master (who, by the way, experienced the ultimate of unfairness) to extend Grace, Hope and Compassion to those so desperately need it, the broken, the not so nice, and yes, the person who cut me off. Lord, thank you for not treating me like the offensive enemy I can be. For now, I'll lay that sword down **hands up, backing away**, but Lord, you holla if you need me to pick it up again. Sigh, I don't think He's callin'.

1 comment:

Melissa Divelbiss said...

Whew! I know who I'm callin' when I need someone to watch my back! Love you sista! You have a God given passion. Let Him continue to transform it into a God DRIVEN one. Just like He did with sword happy Peter. :-)

Signed,
Dethyth (it was my verification word and I thought it was cool-LOL)