Thursday, June 21, 2007

Crochet?!!! Yes crochet!

My 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Dunbar caught me trying the accomplish a chain with a pencil while she was trying to teach. Instead of embarassing me in front of everyone, she politely tapped my shoulder and whispered "if you put that away, I will teach you at recess". She gifted me a white plastic needle and my artistic world opened up. I put it away however, around the 7th grade when my portraits starting to really look like the people who posed for them. The joy of crochet only recently returned, as I became more and more inspired by the stylings of Sheilaz Crochetz and other crochet artists. Here are the humble beginnings of my Stitch n Pitch top...


...and a swatch for a fall coat with loop trim.


Back to the house...at 2:30 this morning, my DH and I finished tiling the kitchen floor. Here are the fruits of our labor...


...another project to scratch off the list! Now for a quick retreat under the gazebo in the summer breeze!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Awww thank you so much for the shout-out. Whadaya mean humble beginnings... your doing a fantastic job on your stitch n pitch top. Great job on tiling the floor and the perfect color, light flooring always opens up any room. Your Gazebo looks perfect for knitting/crocheting or just kicking back. You have the perfect amenties and your house will sell quickly.