Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Happy New Year!

"It's a new year and there's gonna be new rules around here!"
I quote my mother in law every year, just so I can get to my DH. Hmmmph, I bet the new year looked a lot like the old one after awhile. Well I don't know about new rules, but I'm looking forward to some interesting,exciting times. It's gotta be better that 2011, right?

I figured since Mochahantas is busily painting everyone's portrait, I would sneak in a post of my first finished object of the year...

Mon Raspberry Beret (more like strawberry)

As of today, it was dry enough to brave the frigid weather.  Talk about night and day, brrrrrr! I made it up as I went along, which is why it's fits so swimmingly, ugh! (nothing a coupla Bobby pins can't fix.)

Here are the particulars:
Pattern:  I started from the center and increased 6 stitches every other row.  I ran out of yarn so I only have a 1/2"-3/4" rim.  I'll probably rip out the rim and redo the edge for a tighter fit.  Scrap the aforementioned Bobby pin solution.

Yarn: 1 skein of Cascade Venezia  and a US10 needle.

Review: Love the yarn, it's so soft and has a slight sheen.  HOWEVER, it pills something horrible (yes, already). Probably won't buy it again ; (

Mochahantas has just declared she needs "sumpin' else to eat"! Yes sa boss sa! ... I gotta go!

 

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Happy New Year and you are definitely starting off on the right foot... Cute hat. I was hoping to see one of Mochahantas' portatits.