Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Unchartered waters

Since making a few sweaters, I decided I wanted a small but challenging project. So I picked out the lightest yarn I have and the smallest needles I own (size 6) and casted on to venture in the the unexplored waters of sock knitting. I used the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns just to try it out. My first attempts with 2 circulars was driving me crazy so I went to the dpns. I added a diamond cable pattern, because after only 3" I was already bored! I'm twitching at the thought of doing the heel part and am a little anxious about SSS (second sock syndrome). My goal is to wear them when I get sliced in a coupla months to birth to my precious little girl. Those OR's can be sooo chilly, lol! The yarn is supposed to be sock weight but I don't think I'll be able to stuff my feet in any shoe I own with them on. So they will be for stomping around the house.

Yarn: Mountain Colors hand painted yarns
Pattern source: Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, Ann Budd

Sock picture:

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Great colorway and it appears you are making some major headway with it... before you know it you'll be on the second sock minus the syndrome...lol.