Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Stitches East 2006

I do have things to do besides posting! But can you say Stitches East! It is my 40th birthday present to myself and I am countin' down the days, honey. As I sigh and quiver thinking of the weekend of nothing but yarn, knitting and purchasing, I drift off to nirvana. Can you tell this is my first? I am besides myself. Oh, that twinge of guilt for going away for 3 1/2 days, nearly 400 miles, leaving my babies behind, well, I will miss them and it feels awful to feel like it's the day before Christmas but I invited them...I did. Hubby thought about being a knitting widower and entertaining the kids while I swirled around booth after booth with concentrated focus, not fully understanding why I had to see and feel every single yarn, and wondering what the big deal was. After visiting that vision of the future, he decided to take the kids to the Adirondacks for the weekend instead. So, I feel less guilty. OOooh by the by, I do have homework to do before the trip. Now where are those papers, I have to unearth them, hmmm. This could take awhile!

No comments: