Monday, March 13, 2006

HEY KOOL AID!!!

Ok, now i'm telling my age! I tried to dye some cotton yarns with Kool aid, actually I think it was Flavor-aid. Speaking of flavor...did anyone see that coming with Flavor picking Hoopz! I honestly thought he was going with the nut job New York. I just love what NY did to Punkin' and the sound effects were freakin' hilarious, but I digress. Ah yesss, the Kool aid. I did cherry flavor cause that is all the dollar store had. There were like 12 packs, I figured what the heck. I'm not sure if I was supposed to use vinegar or not but I did. I know that's for Easter eggs! Maybe when I get a second from these 2 babies, I'll read a fiber dyeing book, but work with me. The yarns, about 700 yards, came out to be a nice watermelon color, fabulous for spring. I can hardly wait to knit it up!

I gotta catch the mailman, again. Darn it! At least it isn't 4/15 yet!

No comments: